Let's talk about Greece, if you enjoy history and being immersed in the culture, Greece is for you. Greece is considered to be one of the earliest civilizations known to humankind. Greece is a country with rich history, heritage, and culture. It is also considered to be the birthplace of Democracy. Not only that, it was the world center for western philosophy, political science, astronomy, mathematics, major scientific studies, and whatnot.
It is also known as a Mediterranean country since the southern border sits upon the Mediterranean Sea. Greece is a popular destination for world tourists, especially in that region. The Mediterranean is known for its beautiful beaches, rich history, and charming villages. The Greek islands are one of the most wonderful places to be explored by Cruise or Yacht. The trip to Greece will be one of the most memorable to remember in one's life.
* The Olympic Games in Athens (the spot of the historic 2004 Olympic Games)
* Mardi Grass Celebrations in February
* The Parthenon in Athens
* Skiing in Arahova Mountains between October and March
* Easter Celebrations
* Thessalonikiís White Tower and countryís rich Byzantine culture
* The south of Corinth
* The beaches in Lesvos
* The wine vineyards in the countryside
* The islands near the Aegean Sea
* The wildlife preserve in Alonissos (Sporades Marine Park)
* The famous, Moni Panagia Chozoviotissa, a Byzantine monastery in Amorgos
The population of Greece is around 11 million and the official language being spoken is Greek. The other popular languages are English and French. It may be beneficial to order a translator.
When it comes to packing I would take into consideration the climate. In the summer, it is hot and dry. The winters are cold and wet. Make sure you bring appropriate clothes to ensure you are taken care of.
Fun fact, the electricity is very different The voltage is 220 V and the frequency is 50 Hz. The types of plug used are round pin with attachment, round pin with ground, Round pin plug and receptacle with a male grounding pin, and "Schuko" plug and receptacle with side grounding contacts. If you want your electronics charged, buying an adapter is encouraged.